Please use the following steps to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB).
Step one: Check out this chart to determine which day you should apply:
Step 2: On your application date, go to CRA My Account for Individuals and choose one of the two options to log in.
- Option 1 – Using one of our Sign-In Partners
Click on “Sign-in Partner Login / Register”, review the pop-up and re-confirm that you are applying on your assigned application date. Click on “Sign-in Partner Login / Register” again.
- Select the Financial Institution that you have an existing Online Banking profile. If your Financial Institution is not listed, then exit and select Option 2 – Using a CRA user ID and password on the main page.
- You will be re-directed to the online banking sign-in screen for your selected Financial Institution. Enter your card number/username and password.
- Option 2 – Using a CRA user ID and password
Click on “CRA Login”, review the pop-up and re-confirm that you are applying on your assigned application date. Click on “CRA Login” again.
- You will be re-directed to the CRA Login. Enter your User ID and password.
Step 3: After you have logged in via Option 1 – Using one of our Sign-In Partners or Option 2 – Using a CRA user ID and password, you will have access to your CRA Online My Account. Under the section Overview, the Covid-19: Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) application details are available. Click on the “Apply” button.
Step 4: You will be provided the Eligibility details for the Covid-19: Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) application. Read carefully and if you meet the requirements, click on “Select a period” at the bottom of the page. Select the drop-down option “March 15 to April 11, 2020” (this is the only option at this time) then click on the button “Next”
Step 5: Read the Certification details to certify that you meet all the requirements, then click on the button “Next”
Step 6: You will need to Review your direct deposit details to confirm that your banking information is correct. If you need to make any changes to your direct deposit information that CAR has on file, click on the link below “update direct deposit.” Once updated then click on the button “Submit”
Step 7: You will be provided a confirmation that your application is completed and within 3 business days, $2000 will be directed deposited in your bank account.
If you continue to experience economic hardship during the coming weeks, you can re-apply for Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) for multiple 4-week periods, to a maximum of 16 weeks (4 periods).